Grayson LandCare’s 9th annual Land Stewardship Competition
Saturday, April 23, 2016
The Land Stewardship Competition provides high school students in Grayson County and the City of Galax (Grades 8-12) an opportunity to explore ways to increase livelihoods, enhance the environment, and improve quality of life in our community.
Students must submit a written report for the Land Stewardship Committee to review. The committee will invite students whose reports best address the competition’s criteria to present their projects at the Land Stewardship Fair.
These students will have the opportunity to compete cash awards:
- 1st place $1000
- 2nd place $500
- 3rd place $250
- Five Honorable Mentions $50
How to participate:
- You must be a student in Grades 8-12 in Grayson County or the City of Galax.
- Review the Land Stewardship Information Packet, especially the assessment criteria for the written report and presentation.
- Decide whether you would like to work individually or as a team.
- Pick a specific topic that can increase livelihoods, enhance the environment, and improve quality of life in Grayson County.
- Submit your entry form and written report (preferably in Microsoft Word) through the Grayson
LandCare website (www.graysonlandcare.org) no later than March 29, 2016.
- You will be notified by April 1, 2016 as to whether you are invited to present at the Land
Stewardship Fair and compete for the cash awards. If not invited, we hope you decide to participate again next year.
Visit the Land Stewardship Competition page for more info.