Land Stewardship Competition
Saturday May 5th, 2018 Grayson LandCare invites students from Grayson County and the City of Galax (including homeschoolers), grades 8-12, to submit projects to the 10th Annual Land Stewardship Competition Projects should explore opportunities in our community to:
- Increase livelihoods
- Enhance the environment, and
- Improve quality of life
Students first submit a written report to our Land Stewardship Committee to review. The committee then invites students with the reports that best address our criteria to present their projects at the Land Stewardship Fair. These students will have the opportunity to compete for the following cash awards:
- 1st place $1000
- 2nd place $500
- 3rd place $250
- Five Honorable Mentions $50
In order to offer cash prizes, Grayson LandCare raises funds each year to support the Competition. Your donations are greatly appreciated. Make a Donation to the Land Stewardship Competition
Check out the report from 2017’s $1000 first place winner 2017 Land Stewardship Winner
- Review the LandStewardship InformationPacket 2018, especially criteria for the written report (page 2) and the presentation (page 3).
- Decide whether you would like to work individually or as a team.
- Pick a specific topic that can increase livelihoods, enhance the environment, and improve quality of life in Grayson County. If you would like to discuss your ideas with someone or get in touch with experts on your topic in our community, contact Harriet Meinecke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out and submit the Entry Form
- Email your written report (preferably in Microsoft Word format) to Harriet Meinecke at email@example.com by March 29th, 2018.
- The Competition Committee will let you know by April 14th if you have been selected to present your project at the Competition.
- Present your project at the Land Stewardship Fair May 5th, 2018 to a panel of judges and community members. You will need to develop a display (slideshow, poster, or props) to set up on a table.
- Please download, print, and have your parent/guardian sign this release form. Be sure to bring the signed form to submit at the competition.